30 Dec PHIL MY TUMMY: Stateside Vodka & The Federal Distilling Room
PHIL MY TUMMY:
You might have noticed a delicious new local vodka has been stocked at your favorite bars all over the city. Well let us ease your curiosity and tell you all about how this August 2016, Fishtown became home to Stateside Urbancraft Vodka and its Federal Distilling Room.
We stopped by FDR to chat with the great minds behind Stateside Vodka. FDR is a full service cocktail lounge that is conveniently attached to the distillery. Stateside Vodka is naturally 100% gluten-free since its made with corn and 7x distilled. There is no added sugar (which means no hangovers!) What is great about FDR is they offer a whole list of custom cocktails made with Stateside Urbancraft Vodka while also featuring drinks made with some of your other favorite spirits. Beer and wine is also available.
Additionally, there is a menu of light bites and bar snacks offered. Guests can enjoys tours of the distillery each week on Thursdays at 7pm, Fridays at 7pm, and Saturdays at 1pm, 3pm, or 5pm. Sunday hours and brunch bites will begin in February 2017. FDR also offers plenty of seating to enjoy panoramic views of the distillery floor through large glass windows while sampling some homemade cocktails.
Stateside Vodka and FDR share a common theme of being beautiful, modern and simple. The cocktail lounge is a dimly lit atmosphere decorated with Edison bulbs, reclaimed wood, and a large elk head which invites many questions from guests. We recommend every guest take advantage of a tour to learn more about this custom-designed vodka production facility.
“Philadelphia is a town with a rich and rambunctious past. It is a city that created it’s own destiny. Stateside Urbancraft Vodka is an ode to our proud and colorful history. It is a tribute to those who have made this city great for generations. It is a promise to our customers that we will never forget what being from the neighborhood means. Finally, it is a declaration of our passion as distillers- Never stop inventing. Never stop improving.”
Stop in and enjoy their delicious cocktail list, each signature drink using Stateside Vodka and some featuring unique infusions only offered at FDR.
- Not Your Mama’s Appletini with Stateside Vodka, apple cinnamon syrup, orange liquer, and orange bitters
- The Walk of Shame with Stateside Vodka, orange liquer, grapefruit juice, orange bitters, and champagne
- Dirty & Gritty with jalapeno insufused Stateside Vodka and olive juice
- I’ma Come at You Like a Cider Monkey with Stateside Vodka and house made cider
- Scent of a Mule with Stateside Vodka, lime juice, vanilla extract, and ginger beer
- Hot Smash with jalapeno infused Stateside Vodka, lemon juice and strawberry puree
- Basic AF with Stateside Vodka, pumpkin puree, vanilla liqueur, Rumchata and cinnamon syrup
- The Cat’s Pajamas with Stateside Vodka, orange liquer, Lillet, and orange bitters
- Philadelphia Politics with Stateside Vodka, Bluecoat Gin, Crème de Violette and lemon juice
- Pillow Talk with roasemary infused Stateside Vodka, egg white, lemon juice, and angostura
- Friends with Benefits with Stateside Vodka, pineapple juice, elderflower, Peychaud’s and champagne
- Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe is Stateside Vodka neat
As we drank our way through the cocktail menu we couldn’t believe how delicious everything was. The clever drink names make it hard to resist ordering just one. We loved how the fresh infusions, quality syrups, and house made juices complemented the smooth and clean notes of the vodka. If you can’t make it in to FDR, be sure to check out Stateside Vodka on display behind the bars at WM Mulherin’s & Sons, Wahlburgers, Hugo’s Frog Bar at Sugarhouse Casino, Ocean Prime, Del Friscos Double Eagle Steakhouse, Harvest Seasonal Grill, Bar Hygge, and more. You can also buy Stateside at FDR or in 170 Pennsylvania liquor store and 110 New Jersey liquor stores.
Of course we did work up an appetite, can you blame us? We started off with some snacks before taking our distillery tour. The Deviled Eggs with glazed sausage and caramelized onion are a very popular dish. And we can never resist something cheesy so we also tried the Glazed Kettle Chips with balsamic drizzles and blue cheese crumble, as well as the House Made Ricotta with apple jam and toasted crostini.